National

Two die after house catches fire in Magura

Two people died and another sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at a house at Sreepur upazila in Magura district early Saturday.The incident took place at around 4am in Kachubaria village under the upazila.

The deceased were identified as Arshed Sheikh Kanu, 45 and Sabiron Begum, 40, both were residents of the aforesaid village.Sreepur Police Station officer-in-charge Kanchan Kumar said the fire broke out at the house of one Alam Sheikh originating from the kitchen around 4 am and spread soon.After being informed, a firefighting unit rushed to the spot and recovered the charred body of Sabiron.Two neighbours of Alam Sheikh, Arshed Sheikh and Jahangir Sheikh came to the house to extinguish the blaze but both of them got electrocuted.Later, they were rescued and taken to Sreepur Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared Arshed dead.Jahangir Hossain, station leader of Sreepur Fire Service, said the fire might have originated from an electric short circuit.

Related Articles

Back to top button