Teenager dies inside septic tank in Dinajpur

A teenage boy died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank of an under-construction building in Biral upazila of Dinajpur district on Monday evening.The incident at around 6pm in South Jagatpur village under the upazila.

The deceased was identified as Shafiqul Islam, 15, son of Aynul Islam, a resident of the aforesaid village.Local Union Parishad member Ruhul Amin said Shafiqul went down to the newly made septic tank for cleaning but lost consciousness there.Realizing the incident, his collegues rescued him and took him to M Abdur Rahim Medical College Hospital where the on-duty doctors declared him dead.Biral Police Station officer-in-charge Rejaul Hasan said being informed, police recovered the body and kept at the hospital morgue.An unnatural death case was filed with the police station in this regard, the OC added.

Related Articles

Back to top button