National

Couple, 19-month-old baby burnt in N’ganj gas leak fire

A couple and their 19-month-old baby boy were burnt in a fire caused from gas leakage in Narayanganj’s Araihazar early Sunday.Burnt Arijit, 35, his wife Rinku, 28, and Kabbyo are currently undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.The incident happened around 3am at a house in Nagerchar area of the upazila.

It was learnt that when Rinku lit the match to heat milk for her baby, suddenly the fire broke out at the house, leaving them critically injured.

They suspect that the fire might have broke out as gas accumulated in the house from leakage.

The on-duty physicians of the emergency department of the hospital said that the condition of Rinku is very critical as 80 per cent of her body was burnt.

Related Articles

Back to top button